I followed this recipe but only used the vegetables I had in my fridge.
- 1/4 lb shrimp
- 1/2 lb boneless chicken
- 1 tsp garlic
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 piece cabbage, quartered
- 1 cup green bell pepper,sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 1 ½ cup snow peas
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup chicken liver, sliced
- Shrimp juice (derived by crushing the head of the shrimp) or use shrimp bouillon
- 1 1/4 cup water
- salt and pepper
- Saute the garlic and onion
- Add the boneless chicken and saute for 2 minutes
- Put-in the chicken liver and let cook for 3 minutes more
- Pour in the shrimp juice and 1 cup of water and bring to a boil. Cover the pot and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp then sprinkle some salt and pepper.
- Add the oyster sauce and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Put-in the cauliflower and cabbage then mix well
- Add the carrots,snow peas, and bell pepper. Cover the pot and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are cooked
- Dilute the cornstarch in 1/4 cup of water then pour mixture in the pot. Mix well.
- Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!
- Adapted from :http://panlasangpinoy.com/2009/06/19/chopsuey/