Caramel Corn Flakes
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 8 ounces (about 28) caramel pieces
- 5 cups Kellogg’s Corn Flakes® cereal cereal
1. In 3-quart sacuepan, combine margarine, milk and caramels. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG’S CORN FLAKES cereal to caramel mixture. Stir until
well-coated. With back of tablespoon, press mixture evenly and gently into 9 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Let cool at room temperature. Cut into bars when firm. Store in airtight container.
Variation: 1/2 cup cocktail peanut halves may be added with the cereal.
VARIATION: Instead of butter, put 2 TBSP of milk.